Here is the material I ve used to study and pass the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching exams. Be aware that I did not pass all exams on the first try.
CCNP BSCI Study Material
At that time it was called BSCI instead of ROUTE.
Passed on 27/02/2009, second try.
I felt sooo good :) score is 822. passing score was 790. It came after four days of reviewing IPv6, Route maps, BGP,…
In the beginning of the test I was taking enough time to read and answer the questions. However I lost much time in my first lab simulation. The scenarion wasn’t clear to me. And each time I had to click on the console button to reach a router. And I was not seeing changes in the routing table so it confused me a lot.
I began to worry about my score.
And I got my second lab simulation. And immediately after, the third. I told to myself: “man, what did I do to Cisco to treat me this way?”
So I had almost 38 minutes to do the third lab sim and 32 questions !
Besides, the test supervisor was tearing papers on her desk. And the other guy in the room was complaining about the bug in his exam. I was going to scream.
At the end, I was almost flipping through the questions.
I finished the test. The test supervisor told me “congratulations!”.study material:
-Cisco Press Exam Guide
-Cisco Student Guide
-Cisco Press Lab Portfolio
-Cisco Press BSCI Command Reference
-Chris Bryant BSCI study guide
– lots and lots and lots of GNS3 labs
-CBT Nuggets and some TrainSignaland even after all this preparation, I feel I still don’t master all the topics. That’s where come hands-on experience and individual reading.
CCNP SWITCH Study Material
Exam passed on 10/30/2017, second try, after about 4 months of study. I wrote first the BCMSN exam back in 2009 and failed at it.
Material I have used, listed in order of importance:
- Cisco Press CCNP SWITCH Foundations Learning Guide
- Cisco Press CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Certification Guide
- EVE-NG for all my home labs
- Cisco CCNP SWITCH official syllabus
- INE CCNP, SWITCH part
- CBT Nuggets SWITCH
- Internet articles, especially from Cisco.com
- Chris Bryant CCNP All-in-one Video Bootcamp
Cisco CCNP TSHOOT Study Material
Exam passed on 05/26/2011, second try. I feel so happy that two years of discontinuous study and a lot of frustration paid off. I deserve this nice recognition.
Now, I can tell that it takes a LOT of patience, focus and self confident to pass not only this exam, but the whole track. Why? because many guys fall in the trap of cramming questions in order to become CCNP fast.
I began the CCNP journey in 2009. You see, I only became CCNP in 2011! Some guys may tell me that I was not serious about my studies. But here are my arguments:
– I only have access to L2/L3 switches in production network,
– I did not cut off my leisure activites because I still did not have enough discipline. So I lost considerable amount of time during weekends.
– I had to print study material by myself, since Cisco books are not available in my country, and I had to pay 10% of my salary for each book!
– I used to love to sleep :-) ,
– I don’t deal/haven’t dealt with most of the technologies I learned,
– I feared failure, since the exam costs 35% of my salary. So I mentally delayed studies and exam schedule. By the way, from now on, I’ll schedule my exam date while I’m half in my studies.
– I used to go out with my friends a lot. Then I cut that off and made room to some free time. It was not easy though.
– Limiting beliefs: I can’t stress that enough. Along the studies, I often wondered “what will I use CCNP for? How am I going to keep it active? what type of jobs could it land me to?”… you ought to work on eliminating them. Trust me, they made me feel depressed and frustrated often times.
The study material I’ve used for CCNP TSHOOT are:
- Reproduced the Cisco TSHOOT official lab topology on GNS3 and had to suffer the repetitive GNS3 crashes!