Here are my study notes about Cisco AEP in ACI.
Attachable Access Entity Profile AEP: Definitions
- can be compared to the CLI command “switchport trunk allowed vlan” in traditional switching.
- is required for attaching external devices and servers to the ACI fabric.
- links the following ACI constructs together:
- External devices and servers with similar infrastructure policy requirements should be assigned the same AEP.
- We can configure AAEP to be attached to:
- only one domain (1:1 mapping)
- to some domains, or
- to all domains.
ACI AEP Configuration
go to Fabric -> Access Policies:
Then click on Policies -> Global -> Attachable Access Entity Profiles.
Right Click and choose Create Attachable Access Entity Profile
type a name and a description for your AEP:
I add the VLAN Pool
I choose the domain to associate with:
Click Next. Then I choose my Interface Policy Group to which I associate the AEP. I must select All or Specific under Select Interfaces. The Interface Policy Group to be chosen must be already associated with a Leaf Switch Profile, otherwise it won’t appear in the below list:
Last, I click Finish.
Our AEP is now created and is seen under the list of Attachable Access Entity Profiles: