One of Vware cloud management blocks is the Service Provisioning. Part of the Service Provisioning block is the vCloud Automation Center.
This post describes some features of the vCloud Automation Center software.
Intelligent Resource Governor
- reclaims unused resources
- load-balances workloads among available resources
- enforces organization policies
Self Service Portals
- allows to create requests for virtual workloads. (We don’t have to say each time that it’s virtual and not physical, since we’re dealing with virtual datacenters the whole time)
Policy-based Provisioning and Governance
- user-based control
- allows to create custom workflows
- provides a customizable set of mini-workflows
- allows for decommission of workloads