The Obstacle Is The Way
This audiobook is something I wished I had read it in my younger years.
If you’ve heard of Aratus, Aristo, Plato, Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius… then you have probably heard of the Stoicism discipline.
What I liked in “The Obstacle is The Way”
- Ryan wrote the book when he was 26. But, you will be amazed by the depth of his philosophy in life despite his young age.
- The historical examples
- He revitalized ancient wisdom and presented it in modern words.
- Makes you see the world from a different perspective
- The author gives some profound insights about life obstacles and what to do about it
- The book is both inspiring and entertaining
- for young people who are entering the real world. For those who constantly dream of a perfect future with nothing that could shatter it.
- Will help you discover the lesson behind every negative situation
- Excellent narration
- clear, concise
- I enjoyed the way the book is chapterized.
- Everyone have faced some hardships in his life. Everyone, at some point, asked himself “what is this happening? What did I do wrong?”. The book teaches us to accept things as they are and to move forward.
- This book will inspire you to go forward despite the ups and downs in your life
- Packed of wisdom that is as old as history but still relevant in modern days
- For people who face had decisions and obstacles
- Made a lot of sense
- Listen to it more than one time, for you may forget some precious lessons with time. Each time, let new information soak in.
What I did not like in “The Obstacle is The Way”
- The conversation at the end of the book
- The examples taken from contemporary figures such as President Barack Obama or Steve Jobs: very generic
- Ryan’s voice: the narration seems monotone and has a nasal type of sound.
The Obstacle is the Way: Conclusion
Although the audiobook seems almost like a remastering of an ancient Roman manuscript, the listener is going to discover some interesting concepts. However, the concepts need to be practiced, and that’s no easy task.
Adsense black background: