To see the answer, highlight the text after the “A:” letter.
Q: true/false: a user leaving Service Desk is worse than he leaving the company
Q: Which balance should be maintained inside a Service Desk?
A: ability vs staffing level.
Q: In which stages does the Technical Mgmt function intervene?
A: Service Design, Service Transition, as well as other Service Operation processes.
Q: What are the components of Technical Mgmt function?
A: Server Mgmt, Database Mgmt, Network Mgmt, Mainframe Mgmt.
Q: What is the purpose of Technical Mgmt?
- provides technical resources to plan, implements and manages a highly resilient IT infrastructure.
- to diagnose errors and to help prevent them from re-occuring
Q: true/false: since skilled staff are expensive, organization may go to contracting
Q: What is the purpose of Application Mgmt?
- to plan, implement and maintain applications that respond to business needs;
- to diagnose application errors and to help prevent them from re-occuring
Q: true/false: Application Mgmt is concerned with providing application codes
Q: In which stages of the Service Lifecycle does the Application Mgmt process intervene?
A: in all stages.
Q: Define Operations Control
A: a sub-function of the IT Operations Mgmt function; set of individual short-term day-to-day activities like console monitoring, script verification, server patching,…
Q: Define Facilities Mgmt
A: a sub-function of the IT Operations Mgmt function; set of project-based activities responsible for monitoring the physical environment where IT infrastructure is located, such as cooling, air, power+ maintenance of recovery sites.
Q: How is the Operations Control sub-function also called?
A: NOC, or Operations bridge.
Q: Why do we measure in CSI?
A: to justify, to intervene, to direct, to validate.
Q: Deming Cycle components?
- Plan: plan what we’re going to do,
- Do: do as planned,
- Check: check if we got the desired outcome,
- Act: improve (PDCA)