You’ve taken beautiful photos in your vacation and you want to go straight to the photo where you have the Eiffel Tour behind you. But all your photos are named SAM_xxxx and you don’t know which one you must click on. What’s happening?
It’s not a problem on your machine. It’s simply a Windows default behaviour. In fact, Windows 7, by default, does not display picture thumbnails. Instead, it displays icons. It’s not really a useful setting from Microsoft. But it can be corrected.
Hopefully this little trick helps you display thumbnails of your photos and videos. Here’s how:
- Go to Start –> Control Panel,
- In Control Panel, go to System
- In System, go to Advanced System Settings
- Go to Performances and click on Parameters
- Under Visual Effects tab, search for Show thumbnails instead of icons and check the box
- Click on Apply
Once you have done that, all your pictures will be visible in thumbnails.