Route patterns, route lists and route groups trace the path of a call inside a company and outside of it. The Cisco best practice is:
- to point a route pattern to a route list
- to point a route list to one or more route groups
- to point a route group to one or more devices.
1. Configuring route lists and route groups and assigning them to route patterns
1.1 configuring route lists and route groups
I configured for HQ site:
- a route list named CorpHQ-RL
- a route group named CorpHQ-RG that points to the HQ H.323 gateway.
I configured the same for Branch1:
- a route list named Branch1-RL
- a route group named Branch1–RG that points to the Branch1 H.323 gateway.
1.1 Route list and route group configuration for HQ site
In my home lab, I pointed all route patterns to the same route list. For example, pattern 911:
1.2 Route list and route group configuration for Branch1 site
The same pattern 911 in the Branch1 office points to the Branch1-RL: