In this post, I will introduce a course that will help you pass the CCNA 200-120 exam. It’s called “CCNA 2015 200-120 Video Bootcamp With Chris Bryant”.
About the Chris Bryant’s CCNA 200-120 Video Bootcamp
This is a Udemy course that covers all the topics of the CCNA 200-120 syllabus. It has over 202 lectures and 29 hours of video content. According to the author, the student does not need any prior network engineering experience.
The course contains 25 sections detailed in the following manner:
- Course Preview
- Networking Fundamentals
- Quick WAN Introduction
- Routing and IP Addressing Fundamentals
- Cisco Configuration and Memory
- DNS, ARP and DHCP
- Passwords, Banners, Telnet and SSH
- Static Routes
- OSPF And Link State Protocols
- ACL and NTP
- Route Summarization
- Network Address Translation with NAT and PAT
- IPv6 Part 1
- Router on a Stick
- Binay, Subnetting and Hexadecimal math
- L2 technologies: STP, PVST and Etherchannel
- WAN Protocols: HDLC, Frame Relay and PPP
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols: HSRP, VRRP and GLBP
- SNMP, Syslog and Netflow
- IPv6 Part 2
Also, the course is available on Android and iOS.
CCNA 2015 200-120 Video Bootcamp With Chris Bryant: The Pro’s
- Clear presentations, very comprehensive and easy to understand
- Clear sound and HD quality of video
- Chris breaks the topics down and facilitates the task for the student
- Chris Bryant talks in a relaxed yet not-boring style
- Illustrations and real world examples from Bryant experience that go beyond the scope of the exam but are indeed interesting to know. In fact, once you enter the field as a network technician or a network engineer, you’ll wish you had more of Chris’s tips. Besides, he demonstrates some common mistakes network administrators may make, which -I think- could save you some time.
- You will see the IOS commands configured on real Cisco routers and switches
- Chris Bryant transfers his enthusiasm through his presentations
- Includes hands-on labs that you can reproduce at your own pace. Chris Bryant relies on them often times to demonstrate complex concepts
- The sections are organized in a manner that almost matches the table of contents of the CCNA Routing and Switching Official Cert Guide. So if you already started reading the Cisco Press book, this video course could be a nice supplement to it.
- Lifetime access to the course and to all the updates
- Downloadable course content
- The price. Frankly, the prices of some Cisco CCNA certification bootcamps are a bit exaggerated. Take a look at this :
If you do the math, you have to pay either 3695$ or 6590$. And once the bootcamp is over, everything is left at the training room. And I did not include the cost of the Cisco certification exam. So you can have an idea on how much the CCNA certification could cost!
Now, this compared to a video boot camp that you can watch anytime, I guess you can save thousands of dollars in your wallet.
CCNA 2015 200-120 Video Bootcamp With Chris Bryant: the Con’s
- Chris practices his teaching on real equipement. However, it would have been great if he talked about other tools. In fact, The course contains labs. But it does not describe how to build them from scratch using Packet Tracer or GNS3.
- No sections about RSTP, although it is included in the syllabus.
- Slides are just about the video script. Chris should have been a little bit more creative on that.
How does the CCNA 2015 200-120 Video bootcamp compare with other products?
If we’d like to compare the Chris Bryant’s CCNA boot camp with CBT Nuggets for example, I would say go with Chris. CBT Nuggets CCNA videos are great as an introduction to the concepts. But Chris goes deeper.
I recommend the “CCNA 2015 200-120 Video Bootcamp With Chris Bryant” course for anyone interested in sitting for the Cisco CCNA certification exam.This is one of the cheapest yet most informative CCNA bootcamps on the planet. Whether you are refreshing your skills or starting the CCNA journey, Chris makes an excellent job to teach you the fundamentals. This course will save you time and effort and it can be a nice watch before the “big day”. Chris Bryant cuts straight to what is needed to nail the CCNA exam. In a few days, you will learn enough material on IOS that will help you earn a couple of extra points in the exam.
By the way, you can also use this course to get your CCENT and then your CCNA.
To get this awesome product, click on the Bulldog picture below and it will take you to the course page:
Enroll in the boot camp
- Course Title
- Learning Platform